MATS Law School Moot Court Committee
The MATS Moot Court Committee is a platform for the young legal minds to chisel their edges and sharpen their thinking. As the quote says, “Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better”. Being an infant among the moot court associations of the country, We at MATS Law School focusses on encouraging the budding lawyers by providing them with opportunities such as Internal Moot Court Competitions and Grilling Sessions. The mooters have also represented the University at various national and international arenas; and work singlemindedly towards attaining a distinct position amongst the premier mooting institutions of the country.
The University was represented at the following events:
- SDM Law College National Moot Court Competition, held at SDM Law College, Mangalore, during February 25-26, 2012. The College represented by Mr. Ankit Kumar Nema, Mr. Elakkumanan B and Mr. Shishir Shrivastava was ranked 6th amongst 16 teams. The Event consisted of Client Counselling, Conciliation and Trial Advocacy Competition. Mr. Shishir Shrivastava received the Award for the Best Client Counsellor.
- Justice P.N. Bhagwati 2nd International Law Moot Court Competition, held at Pune during February 24-26, 2012. The team consisting of Mr. Arunesh Nanda, Ms. Sayoni Chaudhuri and Ms. Bhumika Karia secured the 9th position at the competition amongst 32 teams.
- Surana and Surana International Technology Law Moot Court Competition, held at Symbiosis Law School, Pune, during February 17-19, 2012. The team consisting of Ms. Garima Rathi, Ms. Priya Jain and Ms. Shreya Shrivastava secured the 11th position out of 32 teams and were the youngest mooters at the event.
- K.K. Luthra Memorial International Moot Court Competition, held at Campus Law Centre, New Delhi, during January 20-22, 2012. The team of MLS consisting of Mr. Elakkumanan B, Mr. Sanjeev Sivan and Ms. Nandini Pahari finished with Rank 29 in the Competition amongst 65 teams.
- B.Krishna Memorial National IPR Moot Court Competition, held at Symbiosis Law School, Pune during January 6-7, 2012. The college was represented by Mr. Akshat Malpani and Ms. Priyambada Chaturvedi at the event.
- Christ Law College National Moot Court Competition, held at Bangalore, during September 8-10, 2011. The team consisting of Mr. Sanjeev Sivan, Ms. Bhumika Karia and Ms. Nandini Pahari were ranked 18 at the competition between 35 prestigious teams from various law schools.